Wednesday, April 28, 2010

An Amazing Day!

Friday, April 23rd was an awesome day...an amazing day as my teenaged son would say! This past week, I have managed to switch my shift from second to first and it has not been easy. A few years ago, I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. I wake constantly and therefore most mornings I feel more tired than I did before I went to sleep. I am grouchy and irritable, but I am really trying to get to bed earlier.

Most of my work buddies at the Press are just like me, night owls! I am not sure if they are grouchy and irritable in the morning like me. Office conversations will often include "Last night... I went to sleep at 3:00, 4:00, 5:00 a.m." Since we live by deadline, it takes hours to calm down. It's crazy I tell ya, crazy!

Last night, I had another Sleep Study at Middlesex Hospital. Wires, wires everywhere. This will be my third time and I the plan was to sleep part of the night with a CPAP, which I tried and it lasted all of one about one minute.

Oh yah, about my amazing day... I met Ann Sisti, a first grade teacher at Edna C. Stevens School in Cromwell. Ann is the Cromwell Teacher of the Year and boy did I get a kick out of her class! Before I had arrived, the students were divided into groups and assigned to make an Earth Day poster. They were in the middle of presenting their posters when I arrived and I got the biggest kick out of watching these little people talk about recycling and water conservation. At the end of each presentation, Ann would ask the rest of the class to vote using a Ricter Scale, one being the lowest, four the highest. Everyone got a four, but at the end of the final presentation, and using their fingers to vote, the students tried to give the final group a million on the Sisti Ricter Scale. Ahh, to be a first grader again...this is an absolutely cool class, way to go Edna C. Stevens!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nightowls at MP? This would explain so many late night posts.
Also, you are a typical female. We are not wired to sleep well. This sleep deprivation puts our tired brains on par with the well rested male brain thereby creating an equal playing field for all. Mother Nature at her best...Sardonica

May 3, 2010 at 4:55 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home