Tuesday, May 25, 2010

got cool?

Today, in my quest to find a Kool Kidz, I met Jawon, an articulate fellow at Keigwin Middle School. When I spoke to Principal Tracey Koff back in February she promised me a real Kool Kid and cool I got!

I look forward to interviewing the area's cool kids. It's refreshing and I love what I call "bench time." During the interview, we usually sit on a bench in the school office or foyer.

Today, we had a conference room all to ourselves, well sort of, we had two guests. I got a big kick out of Jawon... he eased back into his chair at the head of the table and for a minute, I could picture Jawon in the Oval Office, meeting with his White House cabinet. In the picture at left, you will notice he is holding a pair of glasses. Don't be fooled folks, Jawon likes to think that these lens free glasses give him a sort of Clark Kent look. I don't think he ever actually put them on. Ahh, to be young again!

I wish I could tell you more about the interview, but you'll have to wait until the Memorial Day edition of the Middletown Press to read about Jawon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home