Thursday, July 8, 2010

Maplewood Kids!

A few days ago, my work buddy Lauren Flaum decided to shadow me while out on assignment.

The Middletown Fire Department opened a few hydrants around town. It was an extemely hot day, I think it was something like 101 degrees and this type of weather can bring out the worst. I know I get super cranky when it's humid.

But not these kids! They were having a blast enjoying the spray of cool water. There was no pushing, no shoving and no arguing. Their mothers and grandmothers would come out one at a time to check on them. It was a hot summer day and they were having the time of their life!

As I was about to leave, two of the kids asked if I could take their picture together. They threw their arms around eachother and before I could push the shutter, four more kids ran into the picture.

Maplewood kids, beautiful faces...don't you agree?

If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home